The Authority carries out the following Activities
- Processing applications for import permits for products of biotechnology.
- Supervising the importation/exportation of food, feed, food and feed additives and seed.
- Registration and audit of biotechnology facilities.
- Biosafety policy development.
- Supervising the contained use, trial release and general release and commercial release of biotechnology products.
- GMO surveillance and testing.
- Capacity building.
- Conducting biotechnology awareness.
- Producing biotechnology and biosafety awareness and educational
- Promotion of a vibrant biotechnology industry.
- Development of specialized research programmes in biotechnology in national universities, government departments and parastatals.
- Conduct research and joint collaborative work with regional and international research centres, multinational and private organizations or companies.